Duke University, Durham, NC (May 2017)
- Ph.D., Earth & Ocean Sciences, Nicholas School of the Environment
- Dissertation title: “From the River to the Sea: Modeling coastal river, wetland, and shoreline dynamics.”
- Adviser: A. Brad Murray
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN (December 2011)
- B.A. in Earth and Environmental Sciences with Highest Honors
- Thesis title: “Physical and Numerical modeling of a braided stream in response to changes in base level.”
- Advisers: David J. Furbish & Molly F. Miller
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding PhD Student Manuscript, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University (May 2016)
- Jo Rae Wright Fellowship for Outstanding Women in Science, The Graduate School, Duke University (2016 – 2017)
- Best Student Poster Award, 9th Symposium on River, Coastal, and Estuarine Morphodynamics. Iquitos, Peru (Sept. 2015)
- Best Poster Award, Community Surface Dynamics Modeling System Annual Meeting. Boulder, CO (May 2015)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2014 – 2017)
- Orrin Pilkey Fellowship, Duke University (Aug. 2012 – May 2013)
- Phi Beta Kappa (initiated May 2012)
- Littlejohn Faculty Fellows Summer Research Scholarship, Vanderbilt University (May — July 2011)
- Best Student Poster Award, Sedimentary Geology, Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. Portland, OR (Oct. 2009)
Ratliff, K.M., Hutton, E.W.H., and A.B. Murray (2017) Modeling long-term delta dynamics leads to new insights about river avulsion locations. Submitted to Nature Geoscience.
Ratliff, K.M., Hutton, E.W.H., and A.B. Murray (2017) Exploring wave climate and sea-level rise effects on delta morphodynamics with a coupled river-ocean model. Submitted to Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.
Ratliff, K.M., Braswell, A, and M. Marani (2015) Spatial response of coastal marshes to increased atmospheric CO2. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A., 112(51), 15580–15584. doi:10.1073/pnas.1516286112.
Ratliff, K.M. and A.B. Murray (2014) Modes and emergent time scales of embayed beach dynamics, Geophysical Research Letters, 41(20): 7270-7275. doi:10.1002/2014GL061680.
Murray, K.T., Miller, M. F., and Bowser, S. S. (2013) Depositional processes beneath coastal multi-year sea ice. Sedimentology, 60(2): 391–410. doi:10.1111/j.1365-3091.2012.01345.x
Freshwater marsh on the Wax Lake Delta, LA, USA